Contributors

Saturday, February 6, 2016

On Approach

We are coming up on our first year angelversary. It is surreal that it has even been that long. There have been lots of things that happened this last 12 months: first day of kindergarten for an older brother, starting 4th grade, Mom got a job, and we are racing An Ironman Triathlon, we got a puppy, I shaved my beard, the first of every holiday with only 6 present.

I have learned some stuffs. I have learned to enjoy being a parent. I have learned that there is a good chance that if I am more focused on how my kids act than who they are becoming, not only will they eventually rebel, but I will regret that I missed so much while I was busy hollering at them. I have learned to be more patient and look for what can be taught and learned in each situation that I am presented with. I want my kids to grow up with an appreciation and respect for each of the other, so I am trying to set an example of that every day. I want them to know that the death of their brother was not an end, but a beginning. The beginning of a life where they can live for God and their brother and show others the kind of love that they receive. I have learned that every moment has value and you should hold them close. I spent the night before Carson's death snuggling on the couch thinking more about how I wished he would go to sleep and then I could too. I still treasure the time, but I would like to have changed my attitude.

Finally, I learned that your attitude, your outlook, your demeanor is everything. Each morning you have to wake up and take charge of you and run your day. Each day we find a way to pull through and make the day look graceful. Some days are far easier to take charge of, but we can only do our best.

Keep pushing forward and keep choosing to make today a good day.

John Butler
Team Crusher
Www.teamcrusher.com



Team Crusher

No comments:

Post a Comment